Steps to take immediately

Are you in immediate danger? If you are in immediate danger or seriously injured on campus you can call the University Campus Control Room on 0114 222 4444. If you are off campus, contact the Emergency Services on 999. 

Find a safe space. If an incident has just happened try and find somewhere you feel safe. If this isn't possible and you are scared or fearful you can call the University Security Team on 0114 222 4444 or the Emergency services on 999. 
Support for staff members
24 Hour Staff Helpline: You can contact the University's Staff Helpline and Counselling Service on 0800 028 1947. The service is free, independent, confidential and available 24 hours a day. 
Talk to a friend, colleague or family member: Talking things through with someone you trust can sometimes help. 
Trade Unions: The University recognises four campus trade unions. UNISON UNITE, GMB and UCU. Staff who are members can contact them for support and advice. 
HR: Have an informal conversation with a Dignity at Work Adviser or your HR Representative

There is further support and advice available here. 
Independent specialist support: There are a large number of support services you can call or visit who you can talk with about what has happened to you - see other sources of support below. 
Other sources of support
Domestic Abuse Helplines 
Sheffield Specific Helpline:  0808 808 2241 FREE (Monday – Friday 8:00am – 8:00pm, Saturday – 9:00am – 5:00pm, not open bank holidays) 
The National Domestic Violence helpline:  0808 2000 247 open 24/7 and can be anonymous. 
Sheffield Domestic Abuse Support Services:  Provide impartial advice and support to victims of domestic abuse and work in partnership with multiple agencies with the aim of increasing safety. 
Making a report
Reporting to the police (please call 999 for emergencies and 101 for non-emergencies). 
Reporting the incident anonymously to the Police. You can report online to Crimestoppers by calling 0800 555 111. 
Report + Support: You can report an incident to the University anonymously or with your personal details using the University’s Report + Support site. 
If you choose to report anonymously we will not be able to offer direct advice and are unlikely to begin any formal processes. 
If you report using your contact details, a member of staff from HR will contact you to discuss support and available reporting options. 

There are two ways you can tell us what happened